Paintings and artwork are fundamental to a decorative scheme and it is imperative that you consider artwork as an important part of designing the complete scheme. Keep reading for our top tips!
1. Source a local artist to design bespoke artwork to match your scheme perfectly using fabric swatches or key colour samples.
2. Balance art and furniture by aligning artwork with a sideboard or console table and border the artwork with side lamps to highlight it further.
3. Gallery walls are a great way to occupy vast and open wall spaces, especially stairwells. Grouping several frames gives a really creative look and allows for additions.
4. If your home has historic value or a story to tell, use this to inspire the artwork. If the property has been refurbished, perhaps use old architectural drawings to accessorise the scheme.
5. Don’t hang artwork too high, instead hang it so that the centre of the image is at eye level making the space feel more intimate.